I love this activity! As I child, my mom and I would make homemade ice cream together. It was so fun to vigorously shake the bag and then open it and surprise nice chunky ice cream. I’m smiling as I think about doing this activity with my children one day.
Here’s what you’ll need
(this recipe makes 2 servings)
- Gallon Ziploc bag
- Quart Ziploc bag
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1 cup salt of salt (any type will do)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Any flavors or other additives to like
- Fill your largest bag with ice (halfway) and then add in salt. Sit it aside
- In your smaller bag, place half and half, sugar, and vanilla extract. Seal the bag
- Place the small bag into the larger bag and seal.
- Shake, shake, shake!
- Place the remainder in the freezer.
I’m currently hosting a giveaway on Instagram, follow us @thechildsworldblog